Consent Based SSN Verification (CBSV)
Has your applicant provided a valid Social Security number (SSN)? Our Consent-Based SSN Verification (CBSV) provides verification of a SSN directly through the Social Security Administration (SSA). Your applicant’s name and SSN are verified against SSA’s Master File of Social Security Numbers to determine if the SSN matches the applicants name.
With the consent of the SSN holder, you will be able to access CBSV to verify whether the SSN holder’s name and Social Security Number (SSN) combination match SSA’s records. CBSV returns a “yes” or “no” verification indicating that the submission either matches or does not match SSA Records.
CBSV Trumps E-Verify
- CBSV is valid for pre-employment screening –
E-Verify is not. E-Verify is for post-hire use on new applicants only (except federal contractors). CBSV results are known pre-hire, whereas with E-Verify, the applicant is hired, E-Verify is processed, and then the unauthorized applicant is terminated – a tremendous waste of time and money for the employer.
- CBSV can be used for any validation purpose; E-Verify is only allowed for post-hire employment.
- CBSV can be used on existing employees to ensure an authorized workforce. E-Verify is not allowed on current employees
- CBSV is virtually 100% accurate; E-Verify pulls from varied sources; reported as not fully reliable.
- Income Tax Return Verification
- Admin by the Dept of Homeland Security - Used Post-hire ONLY. Not valid on existing employees
- Admin by the Dept of Homeland Security
- SSN Verification Service - Not for employment verificaiton, verify SSN for wage reporting ONLY